Configuring the Sponsor Account requirements
Configuring Edition apps and defining a model for apps and configurations that need to be followed by child accounts is only possible if you're a Sponsor Account.
The are only two prerequisites that must be met in order for an account become a Sponsor Account of others:
- Have a plentiful account ecosystem;
- Have an Edition App already installed by its parent account, i.e. the account's own Sponsor Account.
As every VTEX account is necessarily a child of the vtex root Sponsor Account and the latter already has two published Edition Apps, any account can become a Sponsor Account simply by being part of the Sponsor Account framework. That can be done by setting one of the Editions made available by vtex:
Those editions and the process for setting them are explained in detail below.
Step by step
- Using your terminal and the VTEX IO Toolbelt, log into the account you wish to become the Sponsor of other child accounts;
- Execute vtex edition to check whether any Edition is already installed on your account or not;
In scenarios where no Edition app is installed, one of the Edition Apps available in the vtex registry must be manually installed. Presently, they are:
- firstname.lastname@example.org: for stores whose front-end is on VTEX's CMS;
- email@example.com: for stores whose front-end is on VTEX IO's Store Framework.
- Open a ticket to the VTEX Support team asking for the most suitable Edition installment. If you have access to the vtex account, you will be able to install the Edition app that most fits to your store's account scenario using the following Toolbelt commands: vtex edition set firstname.lastname@example.org or vtex edition set email@example.com.
When installing the suitable Edition App, a bundle of apps and configurations will automatically be installed in your account. You can check which apps that Edition App enforces by installing that edition in a separate production workspace first. Then, if everything is working as expected you can promote that workspace to master.
Once the Edition is installed, your account is ready to become a Sponsor Account by configuring Editions Apps.