Becoming a Sponsor Account
To become a Sponsor Account and be able to manage apps and configurations across multiple accounts with Edition Apps, you must first check if your account meets the conditions described in the Requirements section.
If your account is qualified to be a Sponsor Account, you follow the instructions in the Step by Step section to activate that behavior in your account.
- Access to multiple accounts that are related to each other hierarchically. For example, a Sponsor Account could be the main VTEX account of a holding or a brand that has many sub-brands.
- Have a vtex Edition App installed in your account (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org)
You can check the Edition App installed in your account by running
vtex edition get in your terminal.
Step by step
If your account meets the requirements described in the previous section, you can proceed to the following step by step.
- Open a ticket to the VTEX Support team expressing your desire to become a Sponsor Account and to develop your own Edition Apps. The VTEX team will then take the necessary measures to allow your account to sponsor others.
- Once you receive a successful reply from the support ticket, deploy and release your Edition App.
- Open a new ticket to the VTEX Support team asking for the installation of your new Edition App in the desired accounts.
That's all! Once you receive a successful reply from your support ticket, you'll start to have child accounts, sponsored by the account you just used to develop and release your new Edition App.